Plans and organises the preparation and cooking of food in dining or catering establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans menus and estimates food and labour costs in consultation with the Head Chef
- implements staff rosters and supervises the activities of cooks and assistants
- discusses food preparation issues with managers, dietitians and other staff members
- requisitions food, kitchen supplies and equipment
- demonstrates techniques to cooks and advises them on cooking procedures
- prepares and cooks food
- portions food, adds gravies, sauces and garnishes
- explains and enforces hygiene regulations
- may select and train staff
- may freeze and preserve foods
Chef de Partie