3993-23 Swimming Coach
Coaches, trains and instructs swimmers by analysing their performances and developing their abilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- observes performances of swimmers
- coaches or instructs swimmers by demonstrating techniques
- oversees training and evaluates swimmers' physical condition
- prescribes routines and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles and improve fitness
- plans race strategies, analyses race progress, motivates and instructs swimmers
- conducts after-race analysis, evaluates performances and makes changes in strategy
- may teach water confidence and water awareness to children and non-swimmers
- may organise facilities for learn-to-swim classes
- may recommend special diets
- may render first aid to injured persons