Service Station Attendant
Sells fuel, lubricants, automotive accessories, snack foods and other items at service stations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- fills fuel tanks or containers to level specified by customer
- checks and replenishes engine oil, tyre pressure and water levels in radiators and batteries
- washes windows and windshields of vehicles
- collects payments from customers for purchases
- undertakes stock control and prepares report of fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- replenishes stock of fast foods, newspapers, magazines and grocery items
- cleans petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities
- maintains and operates automatic car wash facility
- may assist mechanics in minor car cleaning and repair tasks
- may drive vehicles and collect spare parts or stock items