Medical Diagnostic Radiographer
Medical Imaging Technologist
Operates X-ray and other medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with radiologists or other medical specialists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- performs medical imaging on patients according to referral from medical practitioners
- calculates details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure to radiation and settings of recording equipment
- explains procedures to patients
- positions patients and equipment to carry out procedures
- produces electronic or medical images performed by equipment such as X-ray machines, scanners, fluoroscopes and ultrasound machines for use by medical practitioners in the diagnosis of disease or injury
- assists surgeons by using radiographic equipment in operating theatres to produce immediate results