7212-11 Yarn Carding and Spinning Machine Operator
Operates machines to convert raw textile fibres into continuous untwisted or twisted strands of yarn for use in clothing, carpet, curtains and other fabrics.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- positions fibre packages at feed ends of machines
- threads overlapping ends of fibre through machine rollers or guides
- repairs breaks and tangles in yarn by twisting, knotting or splicing
- removes full packages of yarn and replenishes fibre supply packages
- uses brushes or air hoses to remove lint from machines
- cuts samples from spools of yarn for quality control analysis
- adjusts controls to regulate temperature and speed of process
- conveys yarn and chemicals to and from storage
- mixes fibres into uniform blends
- undertakes quality control procedures
- may lubricate machine parts and make minor repairs to machines
Gill Box Operator
Yarn Texture Machine Operator