5992-11 Court or Hansard Reporter
Prepares verbatim reports of court, parliamentary, committee or tribunal proceedings by taking high speed shorthand.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- attends courts of law, parliamentary sittings and other proceedings, to make verbatim records in rapid shorthand or using shorthand-writing machines or computerised equipment
- reads portions of transcripts during trials or other proceedings, on request of judges or other officials
- dictates shorthand notes to word processing operator or into dictating machine
- may transcribe own notes of proceedings
- may perform word processing tasks