6199-19 Bailiff or Sheriff
Implements court orders and serves legal orders and summonses as an officer of the court.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- enforces the law as an officer of the court by executing court orders such as eviction notices
- serves legal orders and documents such as summonses and subpoenas
- seizes or repossesses property according to court orders
- escorts prisoners to and from courtrooms
- keeps records of court processes served