2549-13 Electorate Officer
Manages the electorate office of a politician.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- oversees the running of the electorate office
- liaises with constituents of the electorate
- liaises with the media on behalf of the politician
- organises aspects of election campaigns such as doorknocks, letter drops and rallies
- conducts research on issues of importance to constituents
- supervises office staff
- may act as scrutineer in election campaigns