UNIT GROUP 6144 INSURANCE CLERKS
INSURANCE CLERKS prepare and check documentation associated with insurance.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- processing agents' and brokers' correspondence and determining actions to be taken
- monitoring balances of accounts and summarising reinsurance to determine outstanding risk
- processing insurance applications, adjustments to insurance cover, standard endorsements and insurance claims
- despatching notices of premiums due and forms concerning conservation or transfer of insurance
- advising agents or policy holders on technical matters relating to individual cases