8114-13 Postal Delivery Officer
Sorts and delivers mail.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sorts mail for delivery rounds
- delivers mail on foot, by bicycle or motorised transport over allocated delivery rounds
- maintains walk books, directories, mail counts, equipment maintenance logs and other postal delivery records
- loads and unloads mail conveyances and internal mail handling equipment
- assists with the receipt of inward mail, the checking of wrongly addressed, missorted, undelivered and redirected mail, the processing of freepost and underpaid mail
- delivers lettergrams, express courier items and parcels
- assists in preparing statistical returns, mail advices, statements and other clerical tasks
- may assist in the processing of outward mail