8313-11 Domestic Housekeeper
Performs cleaning and housekeeping tasks in private homes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- purchases food and other household supplies
- prepares and cooks food as directed
- serves meals and refreshments
- washes dishes, kitchen utensils and equipment
- sweeps and washes floors and vacuums carpets, curtains and upholstered furnishings
- dusts and polishes furniture, and cleans mirrors, bathrooms and light fixtures
- washes and irons garments, linen and household articles
- changes linen and makes beds
- may answer doorbells and telephones, and take messages
- may care for and supervise children or assist parents in caring for children