UNIT GROUP 4988 POWER GENERATION PLANT OPERATORS
POWER GENERATION PLANT OPERATORS operate boilers, turbo generators and associated plant to generate electrical power.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating plant controls to produce required load
- monitoring operation of plant and interpreting instrument readings
- authorising procedures to isolate high voltage and low voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writing reports and maintaining records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carrying out routine operating tests