Plans, organises and coordinates recreation facilities and programs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studies and analyses recreation needs and resources
- develops and implements recreation management policies on behalf of government and community service organisations
- encourages and assists in the implementation of recreation projects and programs through existing organisations such as schools, church bodies and youth organisations
- interprets recreation policies and programs and answers inquiries
- provides technical and professional advice to urban planners and others concerned with the provision of recreation facilities
- advises on requirements for, and procurement of, new equipment and materials, and on the design of new facilities
- prepares or assists with the preparation of budgets
- may recruit, train and supervise recreation or play leaders