5994-11 Insurance Risk Surveyor
Inspects items or properties to evaluate conditions affecting underwriting standards and develops and promotes safety programs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- inspects the property, buildings and operations of commercial and industrial establishments, to assess physical conditions and work practices
- evaluates the adequacy of security, fire and related systems
- compiles data which influence the determination of premium rates
- prepares reports and recommends action to reduce risks
- analyses claims and accident history data
- develops safety programs compatible with the needs and resources of the policy holders
- may conduct meetings to promote safety programs among educational, civic and industrial groups, by informing them of government and company safety standards and regulations