4912-11 Printing Machinist
Produces books, magazines, newspapers, brochures, posters, leaflets, packaging materials and stationary using printing presses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- produces embossed and embellished products using relief printing presses
- produces posters, leaflets, brochures and books using single or multicolour sheet-fed lithographic presses
- produces packages, stationery, magazines and newspapers using single or multicolour web-fed lithographic presses and in-line finishing systems
- produces packaging materials on a variety of substrates using flexographic or gravure printing presses
- sets and adjusts substrate-feed mechanisms, delivery mechanisms, inking systems and other machine functions
- prepares substrates for loading into feeder mechanisms
- mixes ink and solvents to standard and regulates paper and ink supply during print runs
- monitors press operations to check print quality and detect malfunctions
- undertakes maintenance, adjustment and repair
Flexographic Printing Machinist
Gravure Printing Machinist
Letterpress Printing Machinist
Lithographic Printing Machinist