Apply now for 2016 Census Field Officers
2 May 2016
Up to 38,000 opportunities to make a difference…August 9 is Census night, and the Australian Bureau of Statistics is seeking up to 38,000 motivated and community minded Field Officers to join our team and play a role in shaping the future of Australia.
Census Field Officers will help ensure every household in their assigned area is included in the Census, delivering and collecting Census materials and following up with non-responding households.
Field Officers are:· Non-office based positions, requiring travel
· Casual positions with flexible working hours, including some evening and weekend work.
As a Field Officer, you will:· Undertake a range of set procedural, operational and administrative activities
· Have to read and navigate maps
· Be self-motivated, and able to work autonomously and make decisions independently
· Earn $21.61 per hour (inclusive of 25% loading).
As a Field Officer, you must:· Know your local community
· Be of reasonable fitness
· Have a current driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
· Have a home computer with internet access and be comfortable using a mobile or tablet device
· Comply with ABS work health and safety policies
· Be an Australian citizen or have the legal right to work in Australia.
A Census Field Officer’s duties may vary, depending on their assigned area. Job seekers from diverse backgrounds, including non-English speaking backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are encouraged to apply.
Apply now to become a field officer.