1. Form overview and navigation 2. Information links 3. Navigation links and buttons 4. Check boxes, radio buttons and text fields
- Press the Tab key to move forward through the form and Shift+Tab to move backwards.
- Press the Enter key to open the Help links at the top of the page and the information links at the bottom of the page.
- Press either the Enter key or Spacebar to activate the left hand navigation links.
- For questions requiring a radio button response , the Tab key will take you to the first option then use the up and down arrow keys to move between each response option. The radio button will activate automatically as you arrow up or down. Once your response is activated, press the Tab key to move to the next question.
1. Form overview and navigation
- a. Form overview
The form has been designed to skip questions that are not relevant based on your response to previous questions.
The form is resumable which means you can start the form, exit, save and return to complete and submit your form at a later time.
There is a print option which enables you to print a summary of your responses and your Receipt Number.
For the vision impaired, there is an accessibility version that has been designed to be read with screen readers.
The form has been designed to be viewed at a minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600; however it can be viewed on higher resolutions.
- 2. Information Links
- User Guide - Provides information which will help you complete the online form.
- FAQs - Provides answers to the most common questions, including 'How do I complete the form'.
- Login Help - Provides help on general login problems.
- Technical Help - Provides technical help for the most commonly used Internet browsers.
- Contact Us - Provides contact details if you require further assistance. For technical support, a Technical Help form is available for you to submit your query.
- Privacy and Security - Provides information on the privacy and security of the online form.
- Conditions of Use - Provides the Australian Bureau of Statistics disclaimer information.
- Copyright - Provides the copyright information for the online form.
- Online Security – Provides information on how to protect your computer.
- a. Links at the top of each page
- The Back button will take you back to the previous page.
- The Next button will take you to the next page.
- The Print button on the ‘Thank you’ page will enable you to print a summary of your responses and your Receipt Number.
- a. Left hand navigation links
Clicking on the links within each heading will take you to that section of the form. For example ‘Submit your form’ will take you to the submit page; and ‘Exit (save) your form’ will take you to the ‘Exit’ page where you can save your information if you need to leave the form and resume at a more convenient time.
As you complete each section of the form a will appear next to the corresponding link.
b. Bottom navigation buttons
- a. Check boxes
Check boxes are used when the answer to a question can have multiple responses. To amend a response, click on the check box again to deselect your response and select another option.
b. Radio buttons
Radio buttons are used when the answer to a question can only have one response. To amend a response, click on another radio button option.
c. Text fields
Text fields are used when the answer to a question requires a text and/or numeric response.
- 5. Help
- If you are having trouble completing the form and require help, the online help links will assist you or you can contact the ABS by telephone or Internet.
FAQs - Provides answers to the most common question, including 'How do I complete the form'.
Login Help - Provides help on general login problems.
Technical Help – Provides technical help for the most commonly used Internet browsers.
Contact Us - Provides contact details for the ABS if you require further assistance and for technical support, a Technical Help Form for you to submit your query.