|Here are the issues we know about (as at 14 December 2012) which we are working to resolve. |
- On opening ABS.Stat the theme drop-down menu is not expanded. Selecting "General Statistics" will allow further selections to be made.
- The "Find in Themes" search does not advise you if there are no search results, so it looks as though a search has not been performed. You may wish to use the drop-down menu to search for themes.
- The date and time stamp is currently GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) but we are investigating whether we can change this to AEST.
- ABS.Stat currently times out after 20 minutes of inactivity. You will need to refresh your browser, however you will then lose any selections and layout changes you have made. We are currently looking at extending the time period before a time out occurs.
- When using the search option and selecting an entry in the search, the metadata information panel (right hand side tab) does not update to the current selection.
- ABS.Stat does not display release information.
- Metadata print window does not display lower-level metadata.
- Submit button under feedback and contact tab does not always appear. Press the tab key whilst cursor is in text box to fix the issue.
- There is no indication of licence conditions on exported files. We are looking to include this.
- Search for multiple words usually returns a "null" find. ABS.Stat requires the use of quotations surrounding the phrase (e.g. "Exports of Goods") to work correctly.
- Large column labels do not wrap, making it hard to to read compressed descriptions.
- There is no facility to save queries. We do have a save query option planned however we can not implement this yet due to current technical limitations.
- Does not include Australian financial year data or any quarterly data with reference periods other than the standard March, June, September and December quarters, for example, detailed quarterly Labour Force data which are issued in February, May, August and November. Future versions of ABS.Stat will include financial year and all quarterly datasets.
- As we do not load new datasets or update dataset series immediately following the 11:30am release, data may not necessarily be the most up to date. You should check the ABS website (www.abs.gov.au) for the latest data and we will continue to load new datasets and update dataset series, as soon as possible after the embargo (11.30 am.) is lifted on the day the data is released.
- Time Series IDs are not yet available within the product. These will be included in a future release of ABS.Stat.
This page first published 30 November 2012, last updated 13 December 2012