The following terms and conditions are applicable to all users registered in the Registration Centre.
By registering for the Registration Centre, I agree:
- to provide true and correct information about my identify and contact details when registering, and if these details change, to provide the updated details to the ABS
- to keep my log in credentials for ABS systems secure
- not to share my log in credentials with any other person or organisation
- to inform the ABS or my Contact Officer if I leave my organisation or no longer require access to ABS data or systems
- the ABS may discuss my registration and access with my organisation's Contact Officer, who has the authority to remove my access
- to allow the ABS to facilitate collaboration in the use of the data by sharing my information, such as name, organisation and dataset access with other users of the same data. This information will only be shared at the discretion of the ABS where it is known that a potential working relationship exists.
- that the ABS may contact me to provide me with information about data, systems or products related to the Registration Centre, such as upcoming releases, system changes or to seek my feedback
- to comply with the ABS conditions of sale.
- not attempt to identify a particular person, household, organisation or record to which the data relates
- immediately report to the ABS any possible identification or disclosure that may have occurred
- use outputs from the systems in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution and Copyright licences they carry. This includes attributing the work in the manner specified by the ABS but not in any way that suggests that the ABS endorses me or my use of the work. User requirements are detailed in ABS copyright.
- only use microdata (unit record data) for statistical and research purposes.
- keep any microdata secure and not disclose any microdata to any other person or organisation, other than:
- members of my organisation who have been approved by the ABS to have access to microdata, or
- other individuals or organisation as authorised by the ABS
- where applicable, adhere to all ABS directions and system constraints, including those provided in the Undertaking by the Responsible Officer of an Organisation, Undertaking by an Individual, Declaration of Compliance, Responsible Use of ABS Microdata User Guide, Remote Access Data Laboratory User Manual and other directions provided to me or on the ABS website
- delete, destroy or return to my Contact Officer or to the ABS all microdata I have in my possession if my authorised access is revoked or if I leave my organisation.
- my use of ABS systems may be audited
- the ABS may partially or fully remove, suspend or deactivate my access to ABS systems, data, files or tables. This may be for ABS operational reasons, such as implementing changes to data or systems, or for a breach of these terms and conditions.
- a breach of these terms and conditions may result in sanctions which may include, but are not limited to, ABS removing access to these systems for me and/or my organisation permanently or for a set period of time
- removal of access does not entitle a user or organisation to a refund of any subscription charges and the ABS is not liable for any damages this removal of access may have for a user or organisation
- where systems allow, it is my responsibility to download my files, data, tables and custom groups for future use. The ABS accepts no liability if these are not compatible with later versions of systems or datasets
- no reliance should be placed on data cells of small value in tables
- while the ABS has taken great care to ensure that the information provided within ABS systems is as correct and accurate as possible, the ABS does not guarantee, or accept any legal liability arising from, or connected to, the use of any material contained within, or derived from these systems. See ABS disclaimer for further information.
See also Terms and conditions for TableBuilder.