The Graduate Development Program
The ABS Graduate Development Program (GDP) provides you with training to help you quickly build your capability to become effective in the ABS environment. Your program will involve structured formal training and development activities that are designed to:
• assist you to transition into the ABS and the Australian Public Service
• improve your communication skills
• gain experience with the statistical cycle
• improve your understanding and gain experience in project management
• better understand your strengths and preferences in the context of your work
• develop your soft skills to effectively contribute to the strategic direction of the ABS
In addition to the Graduate Development Program, you will:
• be provided with training specific to your subject matter area as determined with your Supervisor
• undertake work rotations if you are placed in an area where this is possible
• be offered access to a variety of networking opportunities
To hear more about the program from our past graduates, take a look at our Graduate Profile page.
Your career path beyond the GDP is through merit based recruitment processes or opportunities to work Higher Duties.
ABS generalist graduates commence at the APS 3 level and advance to the APS 4 level upon successful completion of the Graduate Development program. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) graduates commence at the APS 4 level and advance to the top of this classification upon successful completion of the Graduate Development Program.
Following advancement, your career progression is through merit based recruitment processes or opportunities to work Higher Duties
ABS Graduate Register of Interest
Before applications open, you can register your interest for the 2016 ABS Graduate Development Program, by completing a short online form.
This page last updated 26 February 2015