DECEMBER KEY FIGURES
November 2014 to December 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
December Qtr 2014
September Qtr 2014 to December Qtr 2014
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
DECEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in December 2014. This follows a rise of 0.3% in November 2014 and a rise of 0.3% in October 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in December 2014. This follows a rise of 0.1% in November 2014 and a rise of 0.4% in October 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.3% in December 2014 compared with December 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in December 2014: Food retailing (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.6%), Household goods retailing (0.3%), Department stores (0.4%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%). Other retailing (-0.4%) fell in trend terms in December 2014.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in December 2014: New South Wales (0.3%), Western Australia (0.3%), Queensland (0.2%), South Australia (0.5%), Victoria (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.8%) and the Northern Territory (0.3%). Tasmania (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in December 2014.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.9% in the December quarter 2014.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|January 2015 ||5 March 2015|
|February 2015 ||7 April 2015|
|March 2015 ||6 May 2015|
|April 2015 ||4 June 2015|
|May 2015 ||3 July 2015|
|June 2015 ||4 August 2015|
This issue includes new quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downloads tab of this publication on the ABS website.
Updated online retail turnover estimates for the December 2014 reference month are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
This page last updated 5 February 2015