JUNE KEY FIGURES
May 2015 to June 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
June Qtr 2015
March Qtr 2015 to June Qtr 2015
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in June 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in May 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in April 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.7% in June 2015. This follows a rise of 0.4% in May 2015 and a relatively unchanged April 2015 (0.0%).
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.7% in June 2015 compared with June 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in June 2015: Household goods retailing (0.8%), Food retailing (0.2%), Other retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.1%). Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in June 2015.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in June 2015: New South Wales (0.5%), Victoria (0.3%), South Australia (0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.2%) and the Northern Territory (0.2%). Queensland (0.0%) was relatively unchanged.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.7% in the June quarter 2015.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|July 2015 ||3 September 2015|
|August 2015 ||2 October 2015|
|September 2015 ||4 November 2015|
|October 2015 ||4 December 2015|
|November 2015 ||8 January 2016|
|December 2015 ||5 February 2016|
This issue includes updated quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downloads tab of this publication on the ABS website.
Updated online retail turnover estimates for the June 2015 reference month are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
As happens each year, an annual seasonal reanalysis has been undertaken based on estimates up to and including May 2015. No significant changes have occurred in this reanalysis, resulting in only minor revisions to the seasonally adjusted estimates.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
This page last updated 4 August 2015