Census Analysis Papers
What are they?
The Census Analysis Papers will include a series of analytical articles and working papers based on the results of the 2011 Census.
They will be available free of charge from the ABS website.
What do they do?
With this series we aim to increase your awareness and understanding of Census data.
Census Analysis Papers will:
Some of the articles will be of an introductory nature and will:
- explain new or complex Census terms
- investigate Census data characteristics
- provide social commentary and analysis of Census data.
Other articles will complement the use of Census data, including:
- provide an introduction to a Census topic
- tell a story about an important trend
- provide in-depth analysis on a topical social issue.
When will they be available?
Articles in the series will be released progressively starting in June 2012.
Analysis Papers topics. Have your say.
We will consult further with Census users on the selection of topics for the Analysis Papers.
The consultation will be through the ABS website and you will have the option to vote on your preferred topics from a short-list. If you would like to have a say, and receive general news about the Census, sign up to our census.users mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and typing in "add to Census email" in the subject field.
- papers on data quality issues
- technical papers comparing Census data with other data sources.