JANUARY KEY FIGURES
Dec 09 to Jan 10
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
JANUARY KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.4% in January 2010. This follows a 0.4% increase in December 2009 and a 0.4% increase in November 2009.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 1.2% in January 2010. This follows a 0.9% decrease in December 2009 and a 1.5% increase in November 2009.
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased 23.8% in January 2010. Australian turnover increased 2.0% in January 2010 compared with January 2009.
- In trend terms, all industry groups increased in January 2010. The largest increase was in Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.7%) followed by Department stores (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.4%), Household good retailing (0.3%), Food retailing (0.3%) and Other Retailing (0.3%).
- The following states and territories increased in trend terms in January 2010: Western Australia (0.7%), New South Wales (0.6%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), South Australia (0.3%), Victoria (0.3%) and the Northern Territory (0.2%). Tasmania (-0.2%) decreased while Queensland (0.0%) remained unchanged in January 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|February 2010 ||31 March 2010|
|March 2010 ||6 May 2010|
|April 2010 ||1 June 2010|
|May 2010 ||1 July 2010|
|June 2010 ||3 August 2010|
|July 2010 ||31 August 2010|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.
This page last updated 31 March 2010