MAY KEY FIGURES
Apr 10 to May 10
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
MAY KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.2% in May 2010. This follows a 0.2% increase in April 2010 and a 0.2% increase in March 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 0.2% in May 2010. This follows a 0.6% increase in April 2010 and a 0.8% increase in March 2010.
- In original terms, Australian turnover increased 2.6% in May 2010. Australian turnover increased 0.6% in May 2010 compared with May 2009.
- The following industries increased in trend terms in May 2010: Food retailing (0.3%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%) and Other Retailing (0.1%). Household good retailing (0.0%) remained unchanged. Department stores (-0.3%) decreased in May 2010.
- The following states and territories increased in trend terms in May 2010: Northern Territory (0.7%), South Australia (0.6%), Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.1%) and Tasmania (0.1%). Western Australia (0.0%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) remained unchanged. New South Wales (-0.1%) decreased in May 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|June 2010 ||3 August 2010|
|July 2010 ||31 August 2010|
|August 2010 ||5 October 2010|
|September 2010 ||4 November 2010|
|October 2010 ||2 December 2010|
|November 2010 ||10 January 2011|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.
This page last updated 2 August 2010