NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES, Western Australia
Oct 2010 to Nov 2010
Nov 2009 to Nov 2010
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
|Source: Retail Trade, Australia (cat. no. 8501.0).|
- While the seasonally adjusted estimate decreased marginally (-0.2%) in November 2010, WA was one of four states to record positive growth in retail turnover in trend terms (0.3%).
- Despite flattening in early 2010, the WA trend estimate rose for four consecutive months to November 2010, to be 2.2% higher than for November 2009.
Monthly Retail Turnover, Current Prices
- Growth in monthly retail turnover in WA slowed following the global economic downturn. In the three years to November 2010, the average monthly increase in turnover was just 0.2%, compared with an average monthly increase of 0.6% during the previous three years.
Retail Turnover, Selected Industries: Seasonally Adjusted -
Change from Nov 2009 to Nov 2010
- The increase in retail turnover between November 2009 and November 2010 (1.5% in seasonally adjusted terms) was predominately driven by increased turnover in Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (up 11%).
- For the same period, decreases in turnover were recorded for Household goods retailing (down 3.6%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory (down 2.5%) .
This link takes you to time series spreadsheets from Retail Trade, Australia, Nov 2010
(cat. no.8501.0). Tables 3 and 4 contain monthly turnover data by state. Tables 11-13 contain retail turnover by state and industry.