HOW TO MAKE A SUBMISSION
Who can make a submission
Any interested individuals and organisations are invited to make a submission to the National Agricultural Statistics Review (NASR).
Acknowledgement of submission
Submissions will not be published as part of the NASR’s final report.
Acknowledgement of the submitting organisation or individual will be published on the ABS website as part of the NASR’s final report, unless requested to be withheld. Acknowledgement of submissions made by individuals will be reflected under an ‘Individual submissions’ category as part of the NASR’s final report. Individual names will not be published.
How to make a submission
Your submission to the NASR can be made in one (or more) of three ways.
1. Provide a response to the five questions below. These questions can be answered directly or used to guide your written submission.
- Do you agree with the proposed enduring goals for Australian agriculture and why?
- What are your top three-priority information needs to inform your work program and are they being met?
- What statistical assets are critical to your work program?
- What are the major barriers to collecting, producing and/or using statistics to inform your agricultural statistical information needs?
- In what ways do you believe efficiencies might be gained in the national agricultural statistical information system?
Please note, each submission needs to be accompanied by the submission coversheet.
The submission coversheet is located on the Downloads Tab of this publication and is linked here: National Agricultural Statistics Review - Submission Coversheet
2. More detailed submissions can be made by completing the Excel workbook located on the Downloads Tab of this publication (a submission coversheet is included as part of this workbook). This workbook aims to capture information about the agricultural statistical assets that currently exist and are being utilised in the statistical information system, as well as those assets that do not currently exist but are required to inform decision making.
The Excel workbook is located on the Downloads Tab of this publication and is linked here: National Agricultural Statistics Review Submission - Detailed Questions
3. If you are unable to provide a written submission by the due date, you are welcome to provide a response over the telephone.
Where to send submissions
Submissions will be accepted by email or post.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Agricultural Statistics Review
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPO Box 66
Hobart TAS 7001
NASR Project Team
1800 683 051
Due date for submissions
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Friday 14 February 2014.