This publication presents information about the Australian Health Survey conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) in 2011-13. Specifically it contains information about the Australian Health Survey product that presents microdata from the National Health Survey, 2011-12 component of the Australian Health Survey in the form of a TableBuilder dataset, a Basic Confidentialised Unit Record File (CURF) and an Expanded CURF.
The aim of this publication is to assist users of the microdata to better understand both the nature of the survey, and its potential and shortcomings in meeting their data needs. A list of output data items currently available for the TableBuilder, Basic CURF and Expanded CURF can be found in the Downloads tab of this publication.
Information about the design and conduct of the Australian Health Survey in general is also presented.
The following microdata products are currently available from this survey:
- TableBuilder - an online tool for creating tables and graphs
- Basic CURF - approved users can access in the user's own environment (via a CD-ROM), as well as in the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) and the DataLab environments
- Expanded CURF - approved users can access in the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) and the DataLab environments.
To apply for access to microdata products, follow the instructions via the Microdata Entry Page
Information on additional products can be found here: Australian Health Survey: Users' Guide, 2011-13: Release Schedule
(cat. no. 4363.0.55.001).
Further information about the survey and the microdata products can be found in this product:
- a detailed list of data items for the TableBuilder and CURFs are available in the Downloads tab
- information on how to use these products can be found in the Summary tab
- the Quality Declaration related to these products can be found in the Explanatory Notes tab
- other related products can be found in the Related Information tab.
For support in the use of
microdata, please contact Microdata Access Strategies on 02 6252 7714 or via email@example.com
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Data obtained in the survey but not presented in the
microdata may be available from the ABS, on request, as statistics in tabulated form.
Subject to confidentiality and sampling variability constraints, special tabulations can be produced incorporating data items, populations and geographic areas selected to meet individual requirements. These are available on request, on a fee for service basis. Contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.
outlines how the ABS handles any personal information that is provided to us.