NAME OF COLLECTION
Housing NSW Housing Pathways Register
Housing NSW, community housing providers and the Aboriginal Housing Office have collaborated to set up Housing Pathways, a single statewide housing waiting list called the NSW Housing Register. Since the implementation of the new system on 27 April 2010, clients only need to make one application for housing assistance under Housing Pathways. The register includes all clients on the Housing NSW / Aboriginal Housing Office waiting list and those seeking for assistance from participating community housing providers. This is an administrative dataset designed to enable service provision and operational requirements.
Community housing provides affordable rental housing to over 20,000 households on low to moderate incomes across NSW.
|Under Housing Pathways, the public, Aboriginal and community housing sectors are working together to create a social housing environment which delivers benefits to clients in the following ways:|
- making better use of available social housing resources so demand and supply can be better matched
- providing greater transparency about the level of demand for different types of housing in different areas for strategic service planning
- reducing duplication between providers and for clients by using common systems
- providing more options to meet client needs as housing providers have greater access to a wider range of housing assistance products to better meet diverse client needs
All applicants making a request for Housing Assistance via completion of the Application procedure to Housing Pathways.
DATA ITEMS RELEVANT TO MIGRANTS AND ETHNICITY
OTHER DATA ITEMS COLLECTED
- Country of birth
- Main language spoken at home
- Need for an Interpreter
- Current Citizenship
- Current residency status/visa category
A range of data is collected to determine a client's housing need as well as contact details and geographic location.
Capital city or rest of State in NSW.
AVAILABILITY OF DATA AND PUBLICATIONS
Data available on request by case by case basis.
Manager, Statistical Services
Housing Analysis & Research
Housing NSW, Department of Human Services
Phone: (02) 8753 8497
Fax: (02) 8753 8488
This page last updated 28 March 2011