NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN TASMANIA
- In 2011, Hobart (49.3%) had the highest rate of attainment of non-school qualifications of all regions in Tasmania. This was just below the average rate for Australia as a whole (49.9%).
- Launceston and North East (43.8%) had the second highest rate of attainment of non-school qualifications in Tasmania.
- In Tasmania, 45.4% of 20-64 year olds had a non-school qualification in 2011.
FIELD OF NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
MANAGEMENT AND COMMERCE
POPULATION WITH NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS, 20-64 year olds, Tasmania, 2011
- In 2011, Hobart (8.5%) had the largest proportion of people with a non-school qualification in management and commerce (8.5%). South East (5.2%), the region surrounding Hobart, had the lowest proportion of people with management and commerce qualifications in the state.
- In Tasmania, 7.1% of non-school qualifications were in this field in 2011.
ENGINEERING AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN MANAGEMENT AND COMMERCE, 20-64 year olds, Tasmania, 2011
- In 2011, West and North West (9.8%), the region that includes the centres of Burnie and Devonport, had the largest proportion of people with a non-school qualification in engineering and related technologies. These were followed by Launceston and North East (8.7%), also in northern Tasmania.
- In 2011, 8.4% of non-school qualifications in Tasmania were in engineering and related technologies.
NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN ENGINEERING AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES, 20-64 year olds, Tasmania, 2011