NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN VICTORIA
- Melbourne - Inner East (64.6%), Melbourne - Inner (63.2%) and Melbourne - Inner South (62.4%) had the highest rates of attainment of non-school qualifications in Victoria.
- North West (40.4%) and Shepparton (41.0%), both in the northern interior of the state, had the lowest rates of attainment of non-school qualifications in Victoria. These were followed by Melbourne - North West (44.0%) in the capital city.
- In 2011, 51.6% of 20-64 year olds in Victoria had a non-school qualification in this field in 2011.
POPULATION WITH NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS, 20-64 year olds, Victoria, 2011
FIELD OF NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
MANAGEMENT AND COMMERCE
- In 2011, non-school qualifications in management and commerce were more common in and around the capital city of Melbourne than in other regions in Victoria.
- Melbourne - Inner East (17.6%), Melbourne - Inner South (16.0%) and Melbourne - Inner (15.1%) had the largest proportions of people with non-school qualifications in management and commerce in Victoria.
- Overall, 10.6% of non-school qualifications in Victoria were in this field.
NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN MANAGEMENT AND COMMERCE, 20-64 year olds (%) - 2011
ENGINEERING AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
- In 2011, Latrobe - Gippsland (10.3%) in the east of the state, Melbourne - Outer East (9.9%) and Melbourne - South East (9.6%) and Hume (9.4%) had the most people with their highest non-school qualification in engineering and related technologies.
- In Victoria, 8.4% of non-school qualifications were in this field.
NON-SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS IN ENGINEERING AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES, 20-64 year olds (%) - 2011
This page last updated 18 October 2013