Wholesale Industry, Australia (cat. no. 8638.0)
To provide key measures on the performance of the Wholesale Trade Industry and to identify the nature and structure of the industry in terms of employment, income, costs and its contribution to the Australian economy.
The scope of the survey was all employing businesses on the ABS Business Register classified to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) Division F Wholesale Trade.
The publication contains the following tables at the Australia level:
Key aggregates by State and Territory include:
- sources of income (selected income items by industry, income and sales margins by commodity item)
- items of expenditure (selected expenses by industry, labour costs by industry)
- characteristics of employment
- business size by industry
- performance measures by industry
FREQUENCY OF DATA AVAILABILITY
Previous collections were conducted in respect of 1981-1982, 1991-1992 and 1998-1999. The next collection is scheduled to be conducted in respect of the 2004-2005 financial year.
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
For information on other related products and services visit the Product Information page.
Return to Wholesale Trade Industry
- wages and salaries