PRICE INDEXES OF MATERIALS USED IN BUILDING
PRICE INDEXES OF MATERIALS USED IN HOUSE BUILDING(a), Perth
Jun Qtr 2010 to Sep Qtr 2010
Sep Qtr 2009 to Sep Qtr 2010
|Material group |
|All groups |
|Timber, board and joinery |
|Ceramic products |
|Concrete, cement and sand |
|Cement products |
|Steel products |
|Other metal products |
|Plumbing products |
|Electrical equipment |
|Installed gas and electrical appliances |
|Other materials |
|(a) Reference base of each index: 1989-90 = 100.0 |
|Source: Producer Price Indexes, Australia (cat. no. 6427.0). |
- In the September quarter 2010, the increase in the price index of materials used in house building in Perth (0.1%) was below the weighted average increase of the six State capital cities (0.4%).
- The quarterly increase in the Perth index was driven by increases in the price of Electrical equipment and Timber, boards and joinery. These increases were partially offset by decreases in other prices, particularly for Concrete, cement and sand.
- The Perth index for September quarter 2010 was 0.9% higher than for the same quarter of the previous year. Of the six State capital cities, Perth had the lowest annual increase.
Price Indexes of Selected Materials Used in Building, Perth -
Change from Sep 2009 to Sep 2010
- After remaining relatively stable for several years, the price index for Cement products rose by 9.5% in the year to September 2010. Most of this increase occurred in the June quarter 2010.
- The only material groups to record decreases in the year to September 2010 were Steel products (-3.2%) and Concrete, cement and sand (-1.4%).
This link takes you to Producer Price Indexes, Sep 2010
(cat. no. 6427.0). Tables 16 and 17 contain data on prices of materials used in house building.