Film and Video Production and Distribution, Australia (cat. no. 8679.0)
The collection was undertaken in response to user's need for financial information about the film and video industry, to measure its size and structure on a regular basis, and its contribution to the Australian economy.
The collection was a survey of businesses and organisations mainly engaged in the film and video production and distribution industries. The scope of the collection was based on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) classes:
The publication contains the following tables at the Australia level:
- 9111 Film and Video Production; consisting of businesses/organisations mainly engaged in the production of motion pictures on film or video tape for theatre or television projection. This class also includes such services as casting, film editing and titling.
- 9112 Film and Video Distribution; consisting of businesses/organisations mainly engaged in leasing or wholesaling motion pictures on film or video tape to organisations for exhibition or sale. This class also includes agents mainly engaged in leasing and wholesaling films and videos to organisations.
- sources of income
- items of expenditure
- characteristics of employment
- selected statistics by employment size groupings
- selected performance ratios
- various activity data such as film and video and television production activity
New South Wales
FREQUENCY OF DATA AVAILABILITY
The collection is run approximately 3 yearly (subject to review).
ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
For information on other related products and services visit the Product Information page.
Return to Cultural and Recreational Services Industry