WEEKLY TUITION FEE SCHEDULE AMOUNT
Technical name: Service provider organisation - preschool program weekly tuition fee schedule amount, total Australian currency N[NNNNN].NN
METeOR identifier: 441286
METeOR link: http://meteor.aihw.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/441286
METeOR definition: The standard weekly tuition fee schedule amount for a preschool program reported by the service, measured in Australian dollars and cents.
Inclusions: For all early childhood education and care services that deliver a preschool program:
- The standard tuition fee amount charged for the maximum hours that a child can enrol in the preschool program.
- Fees charged for children to attend other non-preschool programs with the service provider, such as out of school hours care.
- Additional charges, such as levies, meals or separate care services.
- Early childhood education and care services that do not deliver a preschool program.
The standard tuition fee charged for the maximum hours that a child can enrol in the preschool program.
Consistent with nominal definition.
Standard Jurisdictional Output Categories
N[NNNNN].NN, for example: 5.75
Maximum character length:
Unit of measure:
Australian currency (AU$)
Unit of measure precision:
0.00 - No fees charged
ns - Not stated/inadequately described
2.4.14 LEGAL VALUE CHECKS
Guide for Use
|Edit specifications||Edit resolution |
|If field is blank.||Provide a valid preschool fee, otherwise amend to ‘0.00’ for nil fee charged or code ‘ns’ for unknown.|
|If character length is greater than 8.||Provide a valid preschool fee.|
|If field does not include a cent value.||Provide a valid preschool fee.|
- The standard tuition fee schedule amount for a preschool program should be collected for each preschool program available at the service.
- Jurisdictions which adopt a two week reference period are required to derive their data to a representative week.
CODE 0.00 - No fees charged
- If fees are charged on a per day, per term or per year basis, the pro-rata equivalent weekly fee should be derived by taking into account the days per week, weeks per term and/or weeks per year the preschool program operates.
This category is for use when there are no fees charged for attendance at the preschool program.
CODE ns - Not stated/inadequately described
For use when the tuition fees are unknown, not stated or inadequately described. Where the tuition fees are not stated or inadequately described, the ABS requests that jurisdictions identify the reason for the response and document any follow-up processes undertaken.
Related URL data element: Preschool program fees charged.