7122-11 Crane, Hoist or Lift Operator
Operates stationary or mobile cranes, hoists, lifts or winches to lift, move and place materials, equipment or people in areas such as building sites, factories, mines, sawmills, wharves and shipyards.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- tests the operation of equipment before use to ensure safety
- operates controls that rotate cranes, move cranes on fixed rails, raise and lower jibs or booms and raise, lower or move hooks
- works in conjunction with construction riggers or crane chasers to position hooks and raise, move and place loads
- lubricates ropes and winches on cranes and replaces worn cables
- operates controls to raise, lower or wind in objects
- controls the movement of loads, monitoring speed, acceleration and braking distances directly or by signals to other operators
- monitors equipment operation and instruments and gauges, to detect malfunctions or problems
- may operate cranes fitted with attachments for purposes such as demolition or pile driving
- may operate overhead cranes using hand controls suspended by cables from cranes
Cherry Picker Operator
Tower Crane Operator
Winding Engine Driver