1222-11 Production Manager (Manufacturing)
Plans, administers and reviews the manufacturing activities of an organisation to optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans production policy in consultation with other managers
- plans details of production activity in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available, and labour requirements
- prepares work programs to achieve planned production and directs production control activities
- controls use of production plant facilities through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- coordinates and directs quality control procedures, and the implementation of safety requirements, and ensures statutory requirements are met
- directs research into new and improved production methods and products
- controls the preparation of production records and reports
- gives advice and information on production to other managers and clients
- recommends and implements initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery and changes in staff levels
- controls, directs and monitors production staff, organises staff selection, training, development and utilisation
Plant Manager (Manufacturing)
Works Manager (Manufacturing)
This page last updated 24 June 2009