The workplace address given by respondents for the week prior to the Census date is coded to a Work Destination Zone. These areas are designed by transport authorities in each State and cover major urban areas (work study areas).
See also Work Destination Zone (DZNP).
Applicable to: Employed persons enumerated in a work study area.
1 - Sydney/Wollongong/Newcastle
2 - Melbourne/Geelong/Latrobe Valley/Bendigo/Ballarat
3 - Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast/Cairns/Townsville/Toowoomba
4 - Adelaide
5 - Perth/Pilbara
6 - Hobart/Launceston
7 - Darwin/Alice Springs
8 - Canberra/Queanbeyan
& - Not stated
@ - Not applicable
V - Overseas visitor
Total number of categories: 11
Not applicable (@) category comprises:
- Employed persons who are not enumerated in a work study area
- Unemployed persons, looking for either full-time or part-time work
- Persons not in the labour force
- Persons with Labour Force Status/Status In Employment (LFSP)
- Persons aged under 15 years