APPENDIX VI: LIST OF REFERENCES
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (2001), Causes of Death, Australia 2001, cat. no. 3303.0.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (1999), Cause of death certification Australia: A booklet for the guidance of medical practitioners in completing Medical Certificates of cause of death
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2002) AIHW National Mortality Database documentation, available at <www.aihw.gov.au/mortality/documentation.html>, accessed 21.05.03.
- Dunn, C, Sadkowsky, K and Jelfs, P (2002) Trends in deaths: Australian data, 1987-1998 with updates to 2000, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Cat. No. PHE 40, Canberra.
- Frenzen, P (2003) 'Mortality due to gastroenteritis of unknown etiology in the United States', in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 18, pp. 441-52.
- Goldacre, M, Roberts, S and Griffith, M (2003) 'Multiple-cause coding of death from myocardial infarction: population-based study of trends in death certificate data', in Journal of Public Health Medicine, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 69-71.
- Hennekens, CH and Buring, JE (1987) Epidemiology in Medicine, Little Brown Company, Boston.
- Israel, R, Rosenberg, H and Curtin, L (1986) 'Analytical potential for multiple cause-of-death data', in American Journal of Epidemiology, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 161-179.
- Jin, Y, de Pedro-Cuesta, J, Lopez-Abente, G and Link, H (2003) 'Birth cohort effects in multiple sclerosis', in Ann Epidemiol, 13, pp. 252-260.
- Lindahl, BIB and Johansson, LA (1994) 'Multiple cause-of-death data as a tool for detecting artificial trends in the underlying cause statistics: a methodological study', in Scandinavian Journal of Social Medicine, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 145-158.
- Mannino, DM, Brown, C and Giovino, G (1997) 'Obstructive lung disease deaths in the United States from 1979 through 1993', in American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, Vol. 156, No. 3, pp. 814-818.
- Mannino, DM, Ford, E Giovino, GA and Thun, M (1998) Lung cancer deaths in the United States from 1979 to 1992: an analysis using multiple-cause mortality data, in International Journal of Epidemiology, Vol. 27, pp. 159-166.
- Mathur, S, Gajanayake, I and Hodgson, G (2000) Diabetes as a cause of death, Australia, 1997 and 1998, AIHW: Canberra (Cat. No. CVD12).
- Pavillon, G, Jougla, E and Maguin, P (1994) 'Multiple causes of death analysis: proposition of routine data publication', World Health Organisation: Meeting on Multiple Causes of Morbidity and Mortality (London 26-28 April 1994).
- Senes, S and Britt, H (2001) A general practice view of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in Australia, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Cat. No. CVD 17, Canberra.
- Stallard, E (2002) 'Underlying and multiple cause mortality at advanced ages: United States 1980-1998', in North American Actuarial Journal, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 64-87.
- Tardon, AG, Zaplana, J, Hernandez, R and Cueto, A (1995) 'Usefulness of the codification of multiple causes of death in mortality statistics', in International Journal of Epidemiology, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 1132-1137.
Back To Publication
- Wilkins, K, Wysocki, M, Morin, C and Wood, P (1997) 'Multiple causes of death', in Health Reports, (Statistics Canada), Vol., 9, No. 2, pp. 19-29.\
This page last updated 10 August 2006