JULY KEY FIGURES
June 2016 to July 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in July 2016. This follows a rise of 0.1% in June 2016 and a rise of 0.1% in May 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in July 2016. This follows a rise of 0.1% in June 2016 and a rise of 0.1% in May 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.7% in July 2016 compared with July 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2016: Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.5%), Food retailing (0.1%), Other retailing (0.4%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.6%). Household goods retailing (-0.4%) and Department stores (-0.9%) fell in trend terms in July 2016.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2016: Queensland (0.2%), New South Wales (0.1%), South Australia (0.3%) and Tasmania (0.2%). Victoria (0.0%), Western Australia (0.0%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. The Northern Territory (-0.4%) fell in trend terms in July 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2016 ||5 October 2016|
|September 2016 ||4 November 2016|
|October 2016 ||2 December 2016|
|November 2016 ||10 January 2017|
|December 2016 ||6 February 2017|
|January 2017 ||6 March 2017|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the July 2016 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the June 2016 quarter.
As happens each year, an annual seasonal reanalysis has been undertaken based on estimates up to and including June 2016. No significant changes have occurred in this reanalysis, resulting in only minor revisions to the seasonally adjusted estimates.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
outlines how the ABS will handle any personal information that you provide to us.