JUNE KEY FIGURES
May 2013 to June 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
June Qtr 2013
March Qtr 2013 to June Qtr 2013
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in June 2013. This follows a rise of 0.1% in May 2013 and a rise of 0.2% in April 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in June 2013. This follows a rise of 0.2% in May 2013 and a fall of 0.1% in April 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.1% in June 2013 compared with June 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in June 2013: Food retailing (0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%) and Other retailing (0.3%). Household goods retailing (-0.3%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.2%) and Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in June 2013.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in June 2013: New South Wales (0.2%), Queensland (0.1%), Western Australia (0.2%), South Australia (0.2%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). Victoria (-0.1%), Tasmania (-0.4%) and the Northern Territory (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in June 2013.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.9% in the June quarter 2013.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|July 2013 ||3 September 2013|
|August 2013 ||1 October 2013|
|September 2013 ||4 November 2013|
|October 2013 ||3 December 2013|
|November 2013 ||9 January 2014|
|December 2013 ||6 February 2014|
There are no changes this issue.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.