NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2017 to November 2017
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in November 2017. This follows a rise of 0.1% in October 2017 and a relatively unchanged estimate (0.0%) in September 2017.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 1.2% in November 2017. This follows a rise of 0.5% in October 2017 and a rise of 0.2% in September 2017.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.7% in November 2017 compared with November 2016.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2017: Food retailing (0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Department stores (0.4%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2.%). Household goods retailing (-0.3%) and Other retailing (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in November 2017.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2017: Victoria (0.3%), South Australia (0.4%), and Tasmania (0.2%). New South Wales (0.0%), Queensland (0.0%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. Western Australia (-0.2%), and the Northern Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in November 2017.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2017 ||6 February 2018|
|January 2018 ||6 March 2018|
|February 2018 ||4 April 2018|
|March 2018 ||8 May 2018|
|April 2018 ||4 June 2018|
|May 2018 ||4 July 2018|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the November 2017 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.