NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
Oct 2011 to Nov 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in November 2011. This follows a rise of 0.3% in October 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in September 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in November 2011. This follows a rise of 0.2% in October 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in September 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in November 2011 compared with November 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2011: Food retailing (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.6%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Department stores (-0.2%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in November 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2011: New South Wales (0.5%), Western Australia (0.8%), Queensland (0.2%), South Australia (0.5%), Victoria (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.6%) and Tasmania (0.2%). The Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) was relatively unchanged.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2011 ||6 February 2012|
|January 2012 ||29 February 2012|
|February 2012 ||3 April 2012|
|March 2012 ||7 May 2012|
|April 2012 ||30 May 2012|
|May 2012 ||4 July 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Ben Dorber on Sydney (02) 9268 4723.
This page last updated 3 February 2012