NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2013 to November 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.5% in November 2013. This follows a rise of 0.5% in October 2013 and a rise of 0.5% in September 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.7% in November 2013. This follows a rise of 0.5% in October 2013 and a rise of 0.9% in September 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.1% in November 2013 compared with November 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2013: Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.1%), Other retailing (0.9%), Food retailing (0.3%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (1.2%), Department stores (0.5%) and Household goods retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2013: New South Wales (0.6%), Victoria (0.7%), Queensland (0.4%), Western Australia (0.4%), South Australia (0.3%), Tasmania (0.8%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%) and the Northern Territory (0.6%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2013 ||6 February 2014|
|January 2014 ||6 March 2014|
|February 2014 ||3 April 2014|
|March 2014 ||7 May 2014|
|April 2014 ||3 June 2014|
|May 2014 ||3 July 2014|
This issue of Retail Trade, Australia includes a time series of estimates of Australian online retail turnover for the first time. These estimates are provided and explained within the commentary section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Amanda Biltoft on Sydney (02) 9268 4642.
This page last updated 5 February 2014