OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
September 2013 to October 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in October 2013. This follows a rise of 0.4% in September 2013 and a rise of 0.4% in August 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.5% in October 2013. This follows a rise of 0.9% in September 2013 and a rise of 0.5% in August 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.4% in October 2013 compared with October 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2013: Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.6%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (1.0%), Department stores (0.8%), Other retailing (0.3%) and Household goods retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2013: Victoria (0.6%), New South Wales (0.5%), Queensland (0.4%), South Australia (0.4%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.9%), the Northern Territory (0.8%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2013 ||9 January 2014|
|December 2013 ||6 February 2014|
|January 2014 ||6 March 2014|
|February 2014 ||3 April 2014|
|March 2014 ||7 May 2014|
|April 2014 ||3 June 2014|
As indicated in the September issue, this issue introduces changes to the sample design and methodology of the Retail Business Survey. As a result, lower level estimates are subject to higher volatility than usual and may be revised in subsequent issues. The changes have also resulted in a break in time series between September 2013 and October 2013 for completely enumerated sector and sample sector estimates. For more detail, see Changes to the Retail Business Survey from October 2013.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Amanda Biltoft on Sydney (02) 9268 4642.