APRIL KEY FIGURES
March 2014 to April 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in April 2014. This follows a rise of 0.4% in March 2014 and a rise of 0.5% in February 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in April 2014. This follows a rise of 0.1% in March 2014 and a rise of 0.2% in February 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 6.0% in April 2014 compared with April 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2014: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.7%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Department stores was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in April 2014.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2014: New South Wales (0.7%), Victoria (0.5%), Queensland (0.2%), Tasmania (0.3%) and the Northern Territory (0.4%). Western Australia (-0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (-0.7%) and South Australia (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in April 2014.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2014 ||3 July 2014|
|June 2014 ||4 August 2014|
|July 2014 ||4 September 2014|
|August 2014 ||1 October 2014|
|September 2014 ||4 November 2014|
|October 2014 ||4 December 2014|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the April 2014 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the March 2014 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Amanda Biltoft on Sydney (02) 9268 4642.
This page last updated 2 July 2014