FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 2011 to Feb 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in February 2011. This follows a rise of 0.1% in January 2011 and a rise of 0.1% in December 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.5% in February 2011. This follows a rise of 0.4% in January 2011 and a rise of 0.1% in December 2010.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.3% in February 2011 compared with February 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in February 2011: Food retailing (0.6%), Department stores (0.2%) and Other retailing (0.1%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.5%), Household goods retailing (-0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in February 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in February 2011: Queensland (0.5%), Western Australia (0.8%), New South Wales (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.8%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%). South Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Victoria (-0.3%) and Tasmania (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in February 2011.
IMPACT OF THE FLOODS
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2011 ||5 May 2011|
|April 2011 ||2 June 2011|
|May 2011 ||4 July 2011|
|June 2011 ||3 August 2011|
|July 2011 ||1 September 2011|
|August 2011 ||5 October 2011|
Data collection activities in Queensland largely returned to normal for February 2011.
The estimates for Queensland sub-group and sample sector series for December 2010 and January 2011 have been impacted by lower than usual response to the survey and therefore should be used with caution.
Original estimates for December 2010 and January 2011 have been revised as a result of updated information received from survey respondents. Original estimates for December 2010, January 2011 and February 2011 may be subject to further revision in future releases.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.
This page last updated 4 May 2011