OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
September 2014 to October 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in October 2014. This follows a rise of 0.4% in September 2014 and a rise of 0.4% in August 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in October 2014. This follows a rise of 1.3% in September 2014 and a rise of 0.1% in August 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 5.0% in October 2014 compared with October 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2014: Food retailing (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Other retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.5%) and Department stores (0.2%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2014: New South Wales (0.7%), Victoria (0.4%), Western Australia (0.3%), South Australia (0.5%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.8%). Queensland was relatively unchanged (0.0%). The Northern Territory (-0.4%) and Tasmania (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2014.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2014 ||9 January 2015|
|December 2014 ||5 February 2015|
|January 2015 ||5 March 2015|
|February 2015 ||7 April 2015|
|March 2015 ||6 May 2015|
|April 2015 ||5 June 2015|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the October 2014 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the September 2014 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.