FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
January 2017 to February 2017
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in February 2017. This follows a rise of 0.2% in January 2017 and a rise of 0.2% in December 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in February. This follows a rise of 0.4% in January 2017 and a fall of 0.1% in December 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.9% in February 2017 compared with February 2016.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in February 2017: Food retailing (0.3%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%), and Other retailing (0.1%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Household goods retailing (-0.1%), and Department Stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in February 2017.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in February 2017: New South Wales (0.1%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.3%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). Queensland (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in February 2017.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2017 ||9 May 2017|
|April 2017 ||1 June 2017|
|May 2017 ||4 July 2017|
|June 2017 ||4 August 2017|
|July 2017 ||7 September 2017|
|August 2017 ||5 October 2017|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the February 2017 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.