APRIL KEY FIGURES
Mar 2012 to Apr 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in April 2012. This follows a rise of 0.3% in March 2012 and a rise of 0.3% in February 2012.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.2% in April 2012. This follows a rise of 1.1% in March 2012 and a rise of 0.2% February 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in April 2012 compared with April 2011.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2012: Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.0%), Other retailing (0.5%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%) and Department stores (0.3%). Household goods retailing (-0.4%) fell in trend terms in April 2012.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2012: Queensland (0.6%), Western Australia (0.7%), New South Wales (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.8%), Tasmania (0.1%) and the Northern Territory (0.2%). Victoria (0.0%) was relatively unchanged in trend terms in April 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2012 ||4 July 2012|
|June 2012 ||2 August 2012|
|July 2012 ||3 September 2012|
|August 2012 ||4 October 2012|
|September 2012 ||5 November 2012|
|October 2012 ||3 December 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Ben Dorber on Sydney (02) 9268 4723.