This information paper advises users of proposed changes to the AusStats tables associated with the publication "Dwelling Unit Commencements, Australia, Preliminary" (cat. no. 8750.0).
A concordance between the current AusStats tables (lotus 1-2-3 .wks format) and the proposed new tables (in .xls format) is included below.
Also attached below are links to the new tables providing a view of the proposed new format for these tables.
These changes are due to come into effect with the June quarter 2005 issue of 8750.0 which will be released on 14 September 2005.
The new product provides a range of benefits for time series clients including:
The new format files can be opened, read and manipulated using Excel 5.0/95 (or equivalent), however, some features will not be available unless you have Excel 97 (or better).
- longer time series (we can now provide more than 255 observations in a single series) are presented in columns in accordance with Time Series analysis conventions
- consistent and complete series metadata is provided for every series displayed
- a readily recognised file format (Excel) that will 'auto launch' in most business IT environments
- built in features on which clients can base reliable processing systems.
For further information or if you have any queries about the change or related statistics, contact Rachel Smith on (08) 8237 7324.
CURRENT AND PROPOSED TABLES
Below is a concordance between the current AusStats tables and the proposed new tables.
* Please note that percentage change tables are no longer available in time series spreadsheets.
Current AusStats Tables
Proposed New Table
|TABLE 1||Number of dwelling unit commencements, Australia||87500_1.xls|
|TABLE 2||Dwelling unit commencements, Australia - percentage change*||n.a.|
|TABLE 3||Number of dwelling unit commencements, states and territories||87500_2.xls|
|TABLE 4||Dwelling unit commencements, states and territories - percentage change*||n.a.|
|TABLE 5||Number of dwelling unit commencements, states and territories, original||87500_3.xls|
|TABLE 6||Number of dwelling unit commencements, states and territories, private sector, original||87500_4.xls|
|TABLE 7||Number of dwelling unit commencements, states and territories, public sector, original||87500_5.xls|
This page last updated 8 December 2006